My skills as a food scientist and food expert
Over more than 20 years, I have consulted and taught many aspects of food, nutrition and food science but have specialised in new food product development.
I have also undertaken food, health and nutrition freelance research, writing and broadcasting.
My motivation is to engage with people, help solve problems and share knowledge.
I have been described as:
- An excellent researcher
- Full of creative ideas
- A charismatic communicator that can make complex ideas clear
- A true foodie professional with the ability to blend an understanding of food science, nutrition and food commodities, flavour and recipe construction.
Types of work I can undertake:
- Expert food science advice – see media pages for my ITV and Chanel 4 collaborations
- Consumer and lifestyle food journalism
- Recipe development including nutritional evaluation
- Product reviews
- Restaurant, bar & cafe reviews
- Coverage of events
- Workshop and presentations on product and recipe development for food start ups
- Educational seminars, international conference presentations and chairing
- Concept development
- Advising on commercialization of food product ideas
- Trends analysis
- Food quality reviews and competition/award judging
- New product development collaboration for food companies
- Menu evaluation and development
- Cookery demonstrations – for example in character as Fanny Cradock