My skills as a food scientist and food expert
Over more than 20 years, I have consulted and taught many aspects of food, nutrition and food science but have specialised in new food product development.
I have also undertaken food, health and nutrition freelance research, writing and broadcasting. I have undertaken research into food skills, feminism and food and culinary history of the 20th century .
My motivation is to engage with people, help solve problems and share knowledge.
I have been described as:
- An excellent researcher
- Full of creative ideas
- A charismatic communicator that can make complex ideas clear
- A true foodie professional with the ability to blend an understanding of food science, nutrition and food commodities, flavour and recipe construction.
Types of work I can undertake:
- Expert food science and culinary history advice – see media expertise page for my BBC, ITV and Channel 4 collaborations
- Consumer and lifestyle food journalism
- Product reviews
- Restaurant, bar & cafe reviews
- Coverage of events
- Workshop and presentations on product and recipe development for food start ups
- Educational seminars, international conference presentations and chairing
- Cookery demonstrations specialising in culinary history – in character as the first female celebrity cook – Fanny Cradock
- Food quality reviews and competition/award judging
- New product development collaboration for food companies
- Recipe development including nutritional evaluation
- Advising on commercialization of food product ideas
- Trends analysis
- Menu evaluation and development